SEGE is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) with a Pan-Hellenic non-profit nature and regards women engaged in business activities in Greece. SEGE was founded in 1997 in Thessaloniki. It is governed by a 9-member board. SEGE is a member of the Committee of Trade and Development of the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Federation of Industries of Northern Greece (fing), the Association of Organizations of Mediterranean Businesswomen (AFAEMME), while several of its members are participating in the administration Boards of Greek Chambers. SEGE collaborates with ministries, social partners, business associations and NGOs at local and European level to promote the interests of women engaged in business.
- Personal development and active involvement of women in business
- Enhancing the professional integration of women within the limited opportunities offered by the environment in which they live
- Financial, professional and business empowerment of women victims of violence
- Promotion of two-way information on gender equality policy with international and European organizations
- Expanding and improving the knowledge base of women entrepreneurs
- Creating growth and sustainability perspectives for women businesses
- Access of women entrepreneurs to business networks in Greece and abroad
- Improving the social, political and business aspects of women entrepreneurs
- Transfer of know-how and experience in counseling women on employment, entrepreneurship and social inclusion
- Counseling to Women Entrepreneurs
- Training of women entrepreneurs and of women working at a woman – owned business
- Mentoring-Coaching to Women who are either entrepreneurs or want to become one
- Business networking at national, European and International level.
- Organization and Support of B2B’s, in Greece and abroad.
- Provide information on business issues.